The hydrodynamic equations, as well as the turbulence models and the sediment transport model, are solved with an unstructured finite volume solver.
The characteristics of the numerical schemes used in Iber are the following:
- Conservative finite volume schemes
- High-resolution upwind Roe scheme for solving the shallow water equations
- Ability to solve subcritical and supercritical flow and changes in the flow regime
- Unstructured meshes made up of elements with 3 or 4 faces
- Conservative treatment of wet-dry fronts
- Explicit scheme in time
For a detailed description of the numerical methods implemented in the Iber model you are referred to the technical documents.